To all those who were eagerly waiting for the latest iOS update. The release of iOS 12.3 is over as Apple has released the complete iOS 12.3 update on May 13th, 2019. The software is available for all eligible iOS devices.
iOS 12.3 is a milestone upgrade, that is, it carries more than bug fixes and security enhancements. It has some new features on board.
In this updated guide, you will get to know about iOS 12.3’s known changes, iOS 12.3 problems, how to resolve them and many more.
If your phone currently runs iOS 12.2, then you’ll have few changes. If you’re switching from iOS 12.1.4 or from an older version of iOS 12, you’ll receive a large update because the updates released before iOS 12.3 are skipped. All the latest features and updates till date are organised and created in this version.
Don’t forget to have a look at the specifications of the update, which are given below:
- The iOS 12.3 is a sizable download.
- If you are updating your software from iOS 12.2 then the download should be around the storage of 460 MB.
- The storage capacity of this update is about 464.3 MB.
Further, let us look on to the features and changes that software has come up with:
In this update, the connectivity efficiency has increased such as :
- There is an increased stability of the battery across all the devices.
- Wifi is more stable and runs fast.
- Bluetooth is working normally.
- The stability of cellular data and GPS has also improved.
Certain apps have also improved their stability such as:
Apps like Netflix, Dark sky, Twitter, Slack, Asana, Gmail, Chrome, Spotify are stable at least for a moment. First party apps like Safari, Podcasts, and calendar has also increased its stability.
The iOS 12.3 update mainly focuses on the TV app, which has been overhauled and enhanced with a new look and fresh functionality. Apple first introduced the updated TV app at its March 25 event, and after several weeks of beta testing, the new app is now finally launched.
This update also comes up with the introduction of the latest feature which provides entertainment to its users viz. Apple TV app and AirPlay 2.
Apple TV app: This updated version of the iPhone has also enabled the latest Apple TV app for Apple users. It provides customers with all new designs that highlight expert collections and personalized recommendations.
The subscription for the same can be shared to a maximum of 6 people and that too without sharing passwords or creating accounts. It also provides its customers with a collection of 1,00,000 films and over 4K HDR titles for entertainment. Just like Netflix, the app also includes a kids section which contains the collection of all the programs and films which are safe for the kids to watch.
Apple TV app: Another addition to the update is AirPlay 2. This is an update which is for sharing videos, photos, music and more from your iPhone to other devices directly through AirPlay 2 which also enables smart TV.
It also shows some Siri suggestions to have a look at the latest music or videos. Since the intelligent suggestions are done on any devices, thus, all the private information remains safe.
This update also focuses on fixing the bugs and making improvements over the flaws.
- The Apple music tab updates itself multiple times a day. It also suggests songs on the basis of genres, artists, and according to the mood you choose.
- The issue of pausing, controlling or changing volume in the video has been resolved by the Apple TV Remote.
- It has also improved the issue of calling made by using Wi-Fi calling to drop.
- This has also improved the issue of not getting song information displayed on the car’s display screen when made a connection with it.
DRAWBACKS IN THE UPDATE
Nothing is made perfect, thus the latest 12.3 iOS app update also has some problems.
As there are certain improvements in the update but there are also some flaws.
User testing have confirmed some issues while performing certain tasks like:
- At the time of installation or downloading.
- At the time of creating connections with other devices.
- At the time of touching ID with others.
- It also has issues such as battery drainage, random reboots, and problems while handling the first and third party apps together.
In case you are unhappy with the update you can also downgrade your software version to iOS 12.2.
iOS 12.3 is one of the most developed and updated software till date. It has helped the iPhone users to discover and have the features which are in trend. This software has majorly focussed on providing their customers with a wide area to choose what they wish. The customers are able to connect themselves with the entertainment section directly by the use of their smartphones along with this update.