While you use the internet, do you ever wonder how the whole scenario of websites works? A website contains a lot of information which includes the detailed briefing of the business and the services they provide.
In this era of digitization, each person is connected to the World Wide Web. Whether you are a child or an adult, the internet is ingrained in our daily lives. This helps people in satisfying their entertainment, social, research and consumer needs. The popularity of the internet provides businesses (small or large) to have an online presence through websites.
What is Web development?
Website development on a broad basis refers to the tasks associated with developing the website for hosting via the internet. It is a process that includes web design, web content development, server-side scripting, and network security configuration, among other tasks.
Developing a website is not anybody’s cup of tea. Website development has a bundle of rules and instructions that a developer follows. If you are wishing to work on a website, you need to get familiar with the web technologies to fulfill your goals.
Nowadays, it is important for the developer to improve his skills and keep up with the latest and trending development technologies to stay ahead.
Let’s have a look at the most popular web development technologies that one must seek to learn for becoming an expert full stack web developer.
What is Web Technology?
Web technology refers to the means by which computers communicate with each other using the markup languages and multimedia languages and packages. It involves the usage of Hypertext Markup Language and Cascading Style Sheets.
TRENDING TECHNOLOGIES IN WEB DEVELOPMENT
Some of the most popular and trending web development technologies are:
- MongoDB: This is a cross-platform, document-oriented database program. It saves data in binary format which makes it easier to pass data between client and server.
- ExpressJS: This is a framework designed to develop website applications and API’s. Express is inspired by the popular Ruby framework, Sinatra.
- AngularJS: It is a front-end web application framework, developed and maintained by Google. In other words, a complete solution for rapid and awesome front end development.
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails: Ruby is a high level programming language. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write.
Ruby on Rails is an open source framework, built with the Ruby programming language.
Rails is a productive web application model view controller framework. It provides default structure for a database, a web service, and web pages.
- Python and Django: Python is an interrupted, high level, general-purpose programming language. It is among the most preferred languages in the last two years..
- PHP7 and LAMP Stack: PHP is a recursive acronym of Hypertext Preprocessor. This is a highly used open source scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML
LAMP Stack stands for a combination of three open source web development technologies- the Linux OS, the Apache HTTP server and the MySQL database management system.
Most developers today keep PHP in their web development stacks, either to add functionalities that HTML is unable to handle or to interact with the database powered by MySQL.
Now here is something really lightweight that offers you everything you get with Angular and React to web technologies:
- ASP.NET and MS SQL: ASP.NET is an open-source server-side application framework designed for web development to produce dynamic pages. It was developed by Microsoft to allow programs to build dynamic websites.
Both of these technologies are being used by the world’s leading brands like GoDaddy, Dell, Diply and Stack Overflow.
7. Laravel: It is a free, open-source PHP web framework. It is intended for the development of web applications following the model-view-controller architectural pattern. LARAVEL is among the best modern web development with its unique set of features inspired by PHP frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Django.
With the introduction of “Angular 2”, typescript has gained a lot of traction as being one of the most trending web development technologies in the last two years. So, in case you are planning to learn “Angular 2” make sure to attain proficiency in TypeScript first.
- Swift: It is an open source general purpose programming language developed by Apple iOS. It is now ported to the web along with the introduction of various web development technologies and framework such as Perfect, Vapor and IBM’s Kitura.
If people want to be experts in both the mobile app and web development, then you must refer to this language.
TRENDS IN WEB DEVELOPMENT
The web is getting developed each day and building its roots at the base of the internet. We use it for everything, from shopping to banking to reading the news. The demand for web development talent is as high as ever, and the scope of what developers can do is immensely huge.
Here’s the list for the latest trends in web development:
- Artificial Intelligence: When discussed about the future of technology, AI is always on high agenda. It is the intelligence displayed by machines that mimic human intelligence. It performs in cognitive functions like the ability to learn, collect data, analyze information, understand emotions or solve challenging problems.
According to some research, the need for AI enabled communication, multi-task automation, and analytics solution will become more prevalent this year.
- PWA’s: Progressive Web App is still a part of 2019’s hottest trends. These web pages load in the same manner as done in the past years but they have different functionality. It could easily load, regardless of the network state and browser choice because they are built with progressive enhancement, a strategy for web design that emphasizes core webpage content first.
- Mobile friendly sites: These are the sites that easily work on smartphones. They use touch controls and effortlessly fit on small screens for quick navigation. They load fast due to their incredible features which reduces data entry.
- Blockchain Technology: It is an open and distributed ledger, notorious for its secured design, decentralized consensus, and modified restricted blocks. This was designed to reduce the final business cost, reduce the frequency of transaction settlement and improve cash flow backed up transparent record/data.
BENEFITS OF A WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
Here are certain benefits which will impact a website development company:
- If the website is updated and developed on a regular basis then we will see an upgrade in the website. Search engines always pick up fresh content and updated websites.
- A web development company must focus on redesigning their website by updating its content structure, front-end code, proposition messaging, mobile responsiveness and link structures. These all changes accelerate the growth in search engines, raising the reach of the site.
- A website development company should build trust with the buyers, supporters, and customers. Although the perception for the new website seems soft, but the change in perception helps build trust. This leads to effort generation, sales and competitiveness.
- The technology and trends of a website development company changes as per the need and interest of the customers. For example, all the companies who had launched their site before the pre-mobile-responsive have faced loss. Now they have to update their website immediately to catch up with the race.
Thus, web designing helps in modernizing the brand’s website by meeting the needs of the target audience. This increases the potential audience which decreases the bounce rate and increases customer outreach.
- Whenever the website is updated, the company has an opportunity to learn from the past. By studying web analytics you can learn what sort of content will help you in increasing the reach.
Applying such tactics, the change in the presentation of value propositions and the improved alignment for offers leads to a rapid rise of the company and also helps in getting leads for the site.
Website development is among the compulsory elements used while surfing the web. Thus, a regular change in the site according to the latest trend leads to the rapid growth of the organization.
The website development company can grow very fast as it also helps in gaining the leads for the same. Leads can be generated by making your website relatable and useful for them.
The website development company earns a lot of profit on a daily basis by keeping and managing the changes on the website.
All these points, when kept in mind and improved together works like a key to unlock the lock of gaining ROI (Return On Investment) in a website development company.